Masters Tournament 2016
It is open to all 40+ year olds (and to those outside of the Premier League who are aged between 35 and 39) who are interested in playing in a one day recreational tournament. The main aim is to bring current and former players back together for a day of fun volleyball with short timed matches and plenty of on and off court craic.
It costs €5 per player to enter and the entry form is available here.
The structure of the tournament is as follows:
- The closing date for entries is Wednesday, 16 November.
- Each team must have a minimum of 3 female players on court.
- Players who have registered as individuals will be allocated to a team on the day.
- If you would like to register a team but only have 3-5 players, please go ahead with your registration and note on the form that you are looking for additional players (and how many). We will be able to allocate players to your team.
- Informal uniform is permitted.
- Unlimited substitutions are permitted.
- All players and teams must check in at the tournament desk in ALSAA at 10.30am on the morning of the competition where you will meet your teammates.
- Play will take place from 11am to 5pm (approx.) across two courts.
- The format of the tournament will be short timed sets and the schedule will be available at the tournament desk on Saturday morning.
- All players must serve underhand and the net height will be 2.38m.
- There will be first aid provided.
- Refreshments will be available to purchase in the Bowling Alley in ALSAA throughout the day and we will have a gathering in one of the function rooms upstairs at the conclusion of the day’s play where there is an option to buy finger food. Depending on numbers we will retire to the bar afterwards to give people a chance to catch up properly and rest their aching bones.
We would like to thank Gerry White and Aer Lingus Volleyball Club once again for their support and assistance with this tournament which is much appreciated.
We hope that this tournament will become a permanent event in the calendar for years to come and we would appreciate your support of this tournament.
The Competitions Commission seeks additional volunteers to assist with the organisation of the tournament and if you are interested please contact the Competitions Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also available for any questions potential players may have.
Yours in Sport,
VAI Competitions Commission
(Jennifer Fitzgerald, Kevin Donnelly, Orla McElroy, Lucie Růžičková)